Friday 3 July 2020

Beach cook out

Room 8 went to the beach on the first of July. We went there because it was for our William Pike Challenge and learning how to make a safe fire is a great survival skill. The only reason we got down there were the parents. If the parents weren’t there we would not have had enough supervision. I really enjoyed making the fires, that was my favorite part. We used tinder, fuel wood and kindling. My group made a teepee shape but it broke so we just let it be but it still did the job of cooking our food. It was a super fun day. Next time I definitely want to cook little weenie dogs.Tyler, Nathan, Korban and I . We all had a turn cooking our food.The food was so good! We used creek water and a little bit of sand to put out the fire. We did this so the fire wouldn't start up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.