Friday 11 September 2020

Lake Daniell

 Lake daniell  

 We went to Lake Daniells. We went on the 9th of September. I went with Donna Hampton, Billie H, Callan, Breanna,  Emma and the whole class.


We went because it was for our William Pike project. I like the William Pike challenge because we can get out of class and do super fun activities like the Lake Daniell walk, the beach cookout ,skiing and a lot of others that we get to do.


Before we even left we had to learn about Hypothermia, how it is caused and what Hypothermia was.We watched a video about leaving no trace which means do not break down trees or bushes. 


You have to go on the Lewis Pass to get to Lake Daniell.I thought the drive to lake daniell was going to be a long drive but it was pretty short. When we were on the way it was fun because we were playing music as loud as it could go and it was  9 in the morning. 


When we got to Marble Hill it was warmer than I expected I thought it was going to be super cold. It was 7 degrees and it was pretty warm if you ask me.


It was an 8.5 km walk. I liked it because it had hills to climb and a lot of roots to walk over. The hut is named after Phillip Nicholls and Sharon Manson because they died from a landslide.


I enjoyed  that we were allowed to walk with our mates. I walked with  Jack PSK, Flynn Swinburn and Charlie Frost. It was super funny because Jack PSK was carrying a broken tree that he found on the track to the lake. When we got to the lake we had our lunch and then we said our goodbyes to the broken tree. I didn't like it when Jack PSK found the first dead tree because when he picked it up, it snapped in half but it was pretty funny though. 


I really appreciated that the parents said that they could come and transport us to Lake Daniell. The only reason we got there was because of the parents. If the parents did not say they could come then we couldn't have gone.So thanks again to the parents. 


I wonder how many steps the whole class and parents did throughout the whole day?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.